Saturday 20 July 2013

Joy in July - Inspired by Nina


Hello Everyone

Today I am continuing my series on shoebox swap projects that inspired me to create. (Scroll down a few posts to see some more).

Today's inspiration was from my lovely friend and downline Nina C. She came up with a beautiful way to use the Mosaic punch to create a Christmas Ornament. I loved it and decided to 'hang' it on a card using a Vintage Faceted button and Large Pearl. I also loved Nina's colour theme of Strawberry Slush - I adore non-traditional Christmas colours.



So that was it - Nina sent me off in a frenzy of festive creation!

I started with using that same Mosaic punch to made pop out baubles. I have taught this techinque using the now-retired Ornament punch - but wanted to see if it would work with the Mosaic - and it did!


I used the fir tree from Lovely as a Tree to create the branch. I hand drew the strings and bows and hung my mini Mosaic ornaments from them.

I did them in the same DSP as Nina used, (Quatrefancy), as well as some Champagne glimmer paper. You just punch three shapes, fold them in half and glue them back to back to create the shape. Finally glue them on to the card front.

The 'merry' greeting comes from Petite Pennants and I layered up a stamped layer from Label Love and another Mosaic shape to build the greeting up.

But I didn't stop there - I was on a roll. What more fabulous festivity can I bring to your July?







This card once again featured that Quadrefancy DSP. This time I did flat Mosaic shapes as baubles and then punched little baubles with the Merry Mini's punch pack.

The NOEL greeting was stamped using the new Sketch Alphabet & Numbers stamp set.

I hand drew a twisted wire to hang them on and attached them with Dimensionals to make them pop.

So thank you Nina for your inspiration and for this little Festive interlude in July!

Love Elizabeth X

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks SO much for your message. I love to hear from you. X

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.